Monday, February 27, 2012

Fall Harvest room box  click on picture to get details.  This project appeared in the October 2008 issue of American Miniaturist.

Fall is my favorite time of year.  I love the smells, leaves, and the beautiful colors of that time of year.  I am a fall.  This room box is one I taught to a mini group I used to have.  We made everything from scratch, including the building.  The fish pond has gold fish  swimming in resin.  The wagon has metal wheels and it is filled with pumpkins and Indian corn.  The produce stand is filled with the fall harvest.
The scarecrow is running the store while the owner is asleep behind the wagon.  There are about 1000 fall leaves that have been punched out of real preserved leaves.  They are on the ground and on the tree.
The tree is made out of the white wire  trees available about Easter time.  It has been painted and antiqued with various colors of brown and beige to simulate bark.

Each of my room boxes are the same size.  They stack on top of each other and make a china cabinet type cupboard.  The lids are glass and the side posts have slots so I can have glass or mirrors or a solid wall in each slot.  The size is about 18 x 24 inches.  This makes it easier to remove the glass so it can be photographed or put  on display in a museum or library .

No comments:

Post a Comment