Saturday, May 5, 2012


Garage Sale find Before

Garage Sale Find After- click on picture for details



I wanted to share my finished garage sale find with you.  It is all finished except for the windshield and the steering wheel and dials and floor instruments.  I have to do a little more research on those.  I used buttons found at Michaels for the lights and for the seats I used a slight velour fabric and scrapbook brads for the buttons.  By using the brads that fasten on the back I could create the crease in the fabric.  I put a small piece of cardboard on the back behind each brad to ensure them not going thru all the way.  The base of the seat was Styrofoam and the back was a piece of foam.  I think it turned out pretty good.  Click on picture of the seat for the button details.  I was going to use pleather and I must have put that in a safe place because I can't find it now.    The reunion is now under way.

No comments:

Post a Comment