Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A garage sale find


A garage sale find that works perfectly click on picture for details.

I found this fireplace at a garage sale  more than a few years back for $2.00.  It is plaster of paris and the bricks are carved into it.  It is signed and numbered on the back.  I believe it goes with the Byers Collectible series.  It is 5 1/2 inches long high and 8 inches long.  It has a metal crane for a pot and 2 warming ovens or bake ovens.  The mantel is carved to look like a log.  There are a few spots that need fixed and filled in with plaster, but over all I think this will work.  Ignore the giant curve on the logs beside the fireplace.  I told you this was rustic and not perfect.  I will look forward to putting this all together.  I will share this when I have completed it entirely, hopefully this year yet. 

 As I have mentioned before I usually have a few projects started at a time, and jump from one to another.   I am sharing  time with the 1910 reunion project.  The tables are finished and I am working on the food. 

 The dolls are next.  I am teaching my neighbor girl how to  pour porcelain dolls.  We will be making Elvis and Shirley Temple.  Not to be used in the reunion project but she likes those. 

I recently purchased a set of baby molds by Cynthia Howe Miniatures.   They are a boy and girl baby sleeping and awake.  They are anatomically correct, and so adorable.   She has a web site of all her molds, trims, and  online classes.  Google Cynthia Howe Miniatures and it will come right up. 











No comments:

Post a Comment