Saturday, July 7, 2012

AN EXTRORDINARY DAY IN AN ORDINARY LIFE

  CLICK ON EACH PICTURE TO ENLARGE AND SEE DETAILS
OF FINISHED JULY 4TH ROOM BOX.  HAD TO MUCH STUFF FOR THE BASKETS I WANTED TO USE

I USED A PAPER MACHE HOUSE WITH SIDE OVERHANGS.  I FOUND THESE AT CHRISTMAS TIME 75% OFF AND BOUGHT QUITE A FEW.  I THOUGHT THEY LOOKED LIKE THE PICNIC SHELTERS AT THE PARKS.  I HAND PAINTED THE WOOD SIDING ON AND PAINTED THE FLOOR GREY AND COATED WITH A LITTLE BROWN TO ANTIQUE IT AND GIVE IT A WORN LOOK. THE INSIDE IS BRICK PAPER AND THE TOP BACK WALL IS SCRAPBOOK PAPER WITH FIREWORKS GOING OFF.

CLOSE UP OF THE TABLE INSIDE THE PICNIC SHELTER

ON THE OVERHANG I ADDED THE BUCKET OF WATERMELONS, THE CHARCOAL GRILL AND THE BAG OF CHARCOAL AND LIGHTER FLUID.  I USED THE ANTIQUED TIN MADE FROM EGG CARTON CARDBOARD THAT I BLOGGED ABOUT IN ANOTHER BLOG.  CAN'T TELL FROM THE PICTURE BUT IT HAS A LOT OF BROWN AND TURQUOISE IN IT.

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BUILDING HAS THE GARBAGE CAN I BLOGGED HOW TO EARLIER THIS MONTH A COOLER MADE FROM A FILM CONTAINER, AND THE BIRD HOUSE WITH FLOWERS I MADE FROM ROUND TABLE PROJECTS FROM CONVENTIONS

TODAY WAS AN EXTRAORDINARY DAY BECAUSE IT WAS READY TO TIP 100 DEGREES OUTSIDE.  I DO NOT NEED PERSUADED TO STAY IN ON A DAY LIKE TODAY.  JUST ME AND THE DOGS TRYING TO KEEP COOL.  SO I DUG RIGHT IN TO THIS PROJECT AND FINISHED IT.  AN ORDINARY DAY BUT I ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING AND REALLY ENJOYED DOING IT.  EVERY MINUTE AND EVERY HOUR UNTIL THE WHOLE DAY WAS DONE.   I DO NOT FEEL GUILTY ABOUT NOT MOWING THE YARD, OR WEEDING OR NOT GOING SHOPPING.  I DO NOT FEEL QUILTY ABOUT THE LAUNDRY THAT NEEDS DONE, THE DIRTY DISHES AND THE DOGS LITTLE TOYS ALL OVER THE FLOOR.  THIS MORNING THE CHILD IN ME SAID LETS PLAY TODAY, AND THE ADULT IN ME SAID GO AHEAD!!  TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!

2 comments:

  1. It was well worth the day spent. I love the wall and since Fireworks are a must for me, they have to look realistic and you did it.
    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this little scene, what a contrast in weather I see that you are having extremely hot weather and we are having really bad rain and floods, take care

    ReplyDelete