Sunday, July 1, 2012

July 4th miniature finds





Looking thru my stash and visiting stores I have found a few treasures to use in my July 4th room box.  The first is brads in red, white and blue  stars.  So tiny, they could be used as nails or some other decorative item in the box.  Michaels scrapbook aisle had these.

Next is Wilton cake decorating Uncle Sam Bobbling Toppers.  This cute little guy is 2 inches high and his head bobbles.  I thought it would be cute on a door step with a tiny flag in his hand.  I got this at a cake decorating store, 6 in a pack for 2.99.  The owner said she thought they were discontinued.  If you do not have a store near, check online.  They are really cute!

The stars are made by the red white and silver, very small by 4th of July crafts, found at Hobby Lobby in the July section  They are self stick for  scrapbooking.
Close up of the Wilton Bobble Head Uncle Sams Click on all pictures for details and to enlarge.  He looks dashing against the fireworks going off on that scrapbook paper.

More scrapbook finds that can be used.  The round bottle cap images could be used on coolers, cakes, cookie tins.  The long glitter strips are really splashy and would make a statement on anything.  The long swags and flags are stickers in a continual strip 12 inches long and would look good on a porch rail or from the ceiling of the porch.

I plan on using the bunting on JoanneSwanson's blogspot.  She has a project posted right now Americana Cart.  The buntings could be printed out on material or on heavy cardstock and look just like the ones you see on peoples porches.www.joanneswanson.blogspot.

I also love the other things she has posted there too.  I might borrow a few ideas from her for my room box.  She has been such an inspiration over the years.  I  took out all her articles from the many magazines over the years and threw the rest of the book away.  She has done so much for the miniature world.  She and I think the same way. I prefer making my miniatures from other wise worthless things.  It is a satisfying experience to say I made it mself.  Thank you Joanne for saying  it is possible and quite acceptible.







No comments:

Post a Comment