Sunday, August 5, 2012

Inspiration for head vases in miniature

Some encouragement for someone.  We all need to be reminded of this.  Perhaps that is why miniatures provide an escape for us all.
I found these head face vases in my travels somewhere on vacation.  They are about 12 inches high and I was breath taken by them.  I found it hard to choose which one I wanted so I got them all.  I enjoy them each day  as I am getting ready for work.  I don' t have flowers in the back because I use them for junk out of my pockets and pencils and paper and such.  I am sharing these with you because they would be great in miniature too.  Maybe 1/2 or 1/4 scale for on top of a mantel or dresser.  Someone who pours in that scale could probably pour them for you.  I understand these are from antique originals. and they used them for brushes and combs.  After seeing the possibilities with the stone head planters I have blogged about I am seeing things in a new light for miniatures.
Carved from an orange.  Some people are SO creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment