Monday, August 6, 2012

Miniature Stone Head Planters Finished

Gone with the Wind Characters with full head of hair  click to enlarge details
Oz with finished plants in top of head
The Three Stooges  click on pictures to enlarge

I finished the plants from my garden stash and a lot of the plants were from my plant swap.  I glued on a little green flocking here and there and blended back with grey paint to dull it down.  It makes it look like alge growing on it.



I love these inspirational thoughts   They always appear on the day I especially need them! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you actually did it! What medium did you use. Did you make the casts yourself?
    Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used commercial doll molds in 1/12 scale and ceramic slip then fired in a kiln. It made it easier when in a dry state to cut the top off the head before firing. I filled in the bodys with paper clay to make them all consistent. It was fun trying something new.

      Delete