Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New beginnings

 New beginnings for a toy in the trash.  This tree was attached onto a large platform with water falls and cubbys for a bear family I believe.  I pulled it out and brought it home and dismantled it.  It is plastic with  3 open holes in it.  There is a squirrel and tiny raccoon in 2 of the holes.  The ladder looks like a rope ladder, I put away for future use.



If you have never used Paperclay you can use this for filling in areas, making clay tiles, stepping stones, slate tiles for the roof.
Rik Pierce uses this for his classes.  It has endless uses and air dries.  It can be painted and  hardens like cement.  I used this to create a face and fill in areas on the tree that needed fixed.  My only tool was a toothpick, my hands and a little water to smooth everything down.  It has a texture of soft clay, it is moist but if you keep the package well sealed it can last forever.

 
The back of the tree with areas and texture filled in with Paper clay


This the other side of the tree with Paperclay filled in .  The markings that looked like an eye and mouth made me think of the trees in The Wizard of Oz that talked.  I have a set of Wizard of Oz Dolls and I decided to use this in my display. I filled in the areas with the Paperclay and used a toothpick and water to smooth out.  After this is dry I will paint and add other branches.  After doing some spring cleaning outside I decided to cut down a ornamental tree that was too close to the house.  The branches will be perfect for this.  You will have to wait for another post to see the finished project.  The whole tree is 9 inches tall and I believe I will make it an apple tree.
 
Perhaps you have toys from kids or Grand kids that are taking up room and not played with anymore.  Look for bowls, lamps, dogs, cats, chickens, pigs, small chairs, baskets.  Many items can be painted to look more realistic
and be in proper scale.
 
 
After a long absence from miniatures, I am back.  Life throws a lot of stuff at you sometimes all at once.  I never like to do miniature projects at those times.  When I look at a project I always associate what fun I had doing them and what was going on in my life at the time.  I realize adversity is a necessary  obstacle in life.  If you never had it you would never know what you are truly capable of.   There is always a lesson to learn from it even though at the time you do not realize it.  That being said, I look forward and am excited for new Beginnings in many areas in my life.  I know I have begun all my back burner miniature projects with a new  interest and zeal, and look forward to sharing them all with you.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment