Thursday, May 16, 2013

RESALE FIND-TILE FLOOR-CAKE MOLDS, AND PLAYBOY BUNNYS

A HEAVY FOLD OUT CARDBOARD CHECKER BOARD IN GREEN AND CREME BECOMES A TILED FLOOR OF OLD TIME LINOLEUM.    THIS  I FOUND AT A RESALE SHOP ALONG WITH THE CHECKERS FOR  $1.00.  THE BEST PART ARE  THE CHECKERS BELOW

THESE TINY CHECKERS  MEASURE  1" ACROSS AND ARE MICKEY MOUSE .  IF YOU LOOK CLOSE THEY ARE CONCAVE INSIDE SO I CAN PUT FIMO INTO IT FOR A MOLD AND PULL OUT AND DECORATE AS A CAKE.
 
A DUSTING OF CORNSTARCH INSIDE WILL MAKE FOR EASY REMOVAL.  THIS GAME WAS ON TOP OF A  CAN OF POPCORN.  24 CHECKERS AND ONE BOARD.  QUITE A DEAL.  PAM COOKING SPRAY WOULD ALSO WORK AND I COULD MAKE JELLO IN IT TO..  I HAVE BLOGGED ABOUT THE JELLO FROM THE WINDOW CLINGS BEFORE,  LAST YEAR I BELIEVE.  EVERY COLOR AVAILABLE AT THE DOLLAR TREE.
 
NOT TO BE OUTDONE, THESE ARE PLAYBOY COCKTAIL STICKS FROM THE NOW DEFUNCT PLAYBOY CLUB.  SOMEONE HAD BEEN SAVING THEM A LONG TIME.  24 OF THEM IN A PACK FOR 1.00.  I SAW A TOPPER FOR A MINI CAKE OR A CHOCOLATE RABBIT HEAD STUCK INTO A COLORED EASTER EGG.
 
I HAVE BEEN SPRING CLEANING AND DOWNSIZING THIS YEAR AND USUALLY GO TO THE BACK DOOR OF THE RESALE SHOP AND DROP OFF AND THEN GO IN THE FRONT DOOR AND SEE WHATS NEW.  THIS RESALE SHOP IS DONATIONS ONLY AND ALL PROCEEDS GO TO SPADE AND NEUTERING ANIMALS.  I FEEL GOOD ABOUT DONATING  THINGS THERE AND NO GUILT BUYING EITHER.  BOTH GO TO A GOOD CAUSE, AND BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE FEEL THAT WAY TOO, THEY GET A LOT OF GREAT, UNUSUAL  STUFF DONATED TO THEM.  .
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love that checker set. You can have a few of the pieces for yourself and sell the others if you so please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! Great finds and creative and inventive ways to use them! Lets see a tutorial on the jello from window cling paint. I found some at the thrift store and was wondering how best to use it.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete